PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks ...
Thread: Thanks ...
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2002, 10:41
Goondiwindi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the Union can do anything directly to help someone get employed once that person has turned down a job quoting the ban as his/her reason. I do think that good potential employees will be contacted again after this is over and offered their job again. I am not in a position to promise that and nor is the Union. But, if you're worth your salt, you'll get asked again. Contrary to popular opinion, there are not too many high calibre pilots out there at the moment. However, I think the rewards for the person that turns down a job are twofold, direct and indirect.
The direct reward is that said person will be able to join any IFALPA Union in the world and receive the benefits thereof, which could include an employment ban should the chosen job be one where his Union is targetted for a "bust".
The indirect reward is that of being able to face yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life and know that you have done the right thing. If you give yourself any credit for having a conscience then you'll understand what I mean. If not, then you're a lost cause as far as I'm concerned.
I speak as a 49er. I am exceptionally respectful of and grateful to everyone that supports this ban. I believe that it will be the tool that ultimately gets our jobs and lives back.

Those that supported us will not be forgotten.

Those that broke the ban WILL be remembered.