PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 6th Mar 2009, 10:43
Studefather

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoting Blunty
"opportunity for your flying club to visit an RAF base to better see how we aim to stay safe could be arranged with a little thought"

And on that tack, thanks very much to Waddington SATCO and Team for an excellent brief on ATSOCAS and visit to ATC afforded to Wickenby members yesterday evening.

Seeing the picture from the other side has refreshed my appreciation of the pressures and limitations faced by Mil ATC as they provide service in Lincolnshire's target rich MIL/GA environment.

And long may they continue to do so and be able to support, as happened recently, a mid week low level (500'-700') navex jaunt around 17 Lincs disused RAF sites in the Chippy, including handovers to Cranwell (under the stub), Cottesmore and Coningsby and a couple of inquisitive fly pasts from a Harrier.

I fly for the pure joy of it and whenever I can, and know that there are many aspects of this much prized freedom which have various associated risk to myself and others. I'm sure that strikes a chord with all flyers.

1. It's good to talk even OCAS.......
2. What price freedom.......