PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 05:43
ChalfontFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Routes in France?

Having thought about this rumour further (Flyzen) the reason for the delay in starting up these routes in France (if indeed it is going happen -see comments below from Eastern!), is probably due to the "bureacracy" that the French are (in)famous for!
I worked there for about 6 months on secondment about 12 years ago & despite even then being in a 'computer age', the number of different depatrments & paperwork involved was 'mind boggling'!!!

Yesterday I emailed Eastern Customer Relations Dept. sending them a copy of the french website's report that I included in my previous posting & also enquired (assuming that the report was true) about the start-up date. Within less than an hour of sending my e-mail I received the following reply:-

Thank you for your enquiry.

Currently there are no immediate plans to extend further services in France. It would appear that any information you have received is purely speculation at this stage.

Any official announcement will be displayed on our website and we would kindly ask you to visit our website for regular updates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact Eastern Airways.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations| Eastern Airways

The initial comment that there are "no immediate plans" & followed in the next sentence by that the information is "purely speculation" would suggest to me that whilst there is 'no smoke without fire' they are certainly not ready yet to "officially" say anything more at this stage. Hence the reason for their comment "visit our website for any updates".

Well after all this is a "rumour" network!