PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those who said it would never happen...
Old 6th Mar 2009, 04:40
AD POSSE AD ESSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why bother with a chapter about reverse seniority in case of furloughs when they now can, with the courts blessing, fire whoever, whenever, however and for whatever they wish.
Not true...
I don't know why it's so difficult for some to understand the implications of this ruling..
This was a pre-trial by 9 former 49ers to determine whether there are sufficient grounds and reason to go ahead with a lawsuit against CX,to sue for loss in revenue/benefits..pain,grief and all the rest of it..that came with their sudden and UNLAWFULL termination of contracts..

The ruling was IN FAVOUR of the CPU on behalf of the 9/49ers,who can now go ahead and sue the company for injustice done to them 9 years ago..

If you still don't understand,I shall spell it out in plain english:
  • CX CANNOT simply hire and fire as they wish;
  • proper D&G procedures MUST be followed and adhered to,and cannot be BY-PASSED,as was the case with the 49ers;
  • if valid grounds exist for a dismissal,ie serious misconduct,then an employees services may be terminated,after the D&G..
Liam Gallagher sums it up correctly..the right to terminate the contract without cause under 35.3e may only take place AFTER a proper G&D,which makes it indeed impossible! for CX to simply sack employees at will..hence the look on NR's face,who,as the DFO during the star chamber session at the time..did NOT follow the correct procedure..

I reckon he's already looking for a new job..because he sure as hell WILL BE after 5 October this year,with lawsuits of 6-digit figures heading his way...