PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is ASIC killing off GA PPL?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2009, 00:08
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
king_daniels

Kindly edit your post above please..... the way you have produced that it looks like those were comments made by me, and they were not. they are in fact words from Bendo.

And just to be technically correct, RAA pilots almost have the same privileges as a GA PPL or higher, and until they get certain bits of legislation through the bits like CTA and above 5000' are still not legal, unless certain criteria are met. Currently that is but not limited to a "PPL with Nil Airspace restrictions" (some PPL holders are not endorsed for CTA also) and carry the appropriate approved equipment etc.

As for flying into a GAAP zone on a RAA licence only at present, I think you bent the rules just a tad more than you should have.......I hope the CASA boys are not reading this.

Maybe someone who ACTUALLY knows whether GAAP is requiring CTA endorsement or not. I may be wrong.

As for 200 knots.......I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and say that muct be a typo for 100 knots, otherwise I have to side with Trojan here!

Anyway glad to see you are passionate about your flying and trust you enjoy it and do it by the rules and safely!

J
J