PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Photos
Thread: Bristow Photos
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 20:58
Upland Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer 43

Bob Lovell - Bob had an engine failure in a Piper Cub 3 weeks prior to the course starting and crashed into trees at Blackbushe and he had lost his nerve. The instructors worked hard to regain his confidence. They failed. A great loss, he was a great guy.

Mike White - was a real Essex "geezer" free spirit and his confidence was too much for some of the instructors. He and I got together at JCB some 30 years later. By that time he was a high time corporate jet jockey, still is. Great guy!

Dick Ball got chopped for Ground School "attitude". another free spirit. As expected he did well with BA fixed wing.

Mike Lightfoot is a BA 747 Captain

Me, I feature in Rosh's night deck landings picture as TRE(LHS) offshore Ghana on the Deep Water Discovery. Nice place - nice operation.

Rosh Jaypalan, Steve Martin and Darryl Kelly ensure that the spirit we all so believed in lives on - wonderful young men. They don't moan and groan they just get on with it and have a good time as well.

Good luck you HP guys, wherever you are - it is a superb brotherhood/sisterhood.

UG

Last edited by Upland Goose; 6th Mar 2009 at 17:03.