PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 20:56
Checkflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrewm....

Agree with your last para with regard to reinventing.

As a member of the club who has been rather active in the last fortnight, thanks in part to the civil engineering sector being a tad 'slow' at the moment. I have been part of this scramble / phoning / Leicester Sq club innitiative. One comment that seems to keep coming out is the need for better communication at all levels and a requirement for a regionalisation (if that is a word) of the club to allow like minded individuals in the same area (roughly) do things together that ultimately lead to a sound and secure financial future for the aircraft. Afterall, there are 25000 (roughly) names on the club database. If these 'names' could all be members, and get full and proper member benefits from an airshow season, then some (but not all) the funding issues will be better.

I have lost count of the people who have asked, during our 'please pledge - or the project is over' (OK so I worded it better than that) pledgethon - Are you the regional coordinator? or 'If only I had known sooner' and other similar statements that just make you want to scream at the upper echelons of the project and club/trust for essentially saying very little to the masses until the begging bowl goes out.

It needs to be a 2 way street to all donors. They give you money : They all deserve accurate and timely information or it WILL bite you in the 'horse-donkey hybrid' Let us hope that the efforts of the 'foot soldiers' of the club are not in vain to the members / friends / supporters and lead to a better club/trust/supporters structure so that we do not have this same situation at the end of this 2009 display season - time will tell though.

Anyway....... current total £926,397. It's nearly there - for this part of the project.

Lets see where it all goes from here.

Checkflaps.