PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The seatbelt sign is on
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2002, 02:52
gofer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a frequent PAX - 1 of the problems is that the slightest rattle is often reported by the Captain as turbulence. From previous experience in Prop & Turpoprop equipment - it is very much a case of crying wolf too early (because of liability I assume, but perhaps in the hope of wishing that the pax consider them a 'careful & careing airline').

Previous comments about the US pax are worrying - because of the crew attitude. What really gets me is the middle-east flights where everybody gets up when the plane is still taxiing at relatively high speeds - I mean we all know that a 30-50Kph impact in a car - even belted in - causes GBH - so how come they don't realise.

What about a clear warning by the crew in all languages needed along the lines of.

'Dear passengers, we are paid and trained to work in flight conditions and, in many cases can recognise turbulence and estimate the dangers - you are not and that is why you WILL obey the seat belts sign & warnings.'

Also perhaps on finals adding - 'Anybody who gets up before the seat belt sign is switched off, does so at his own risk and will be reported to the black list of 'potentially dangerous passengers' who the airlines may refuse to carry in future.'

Just possible ideas - comments ?