PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 15:02
capt777chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI I applied to Air India through a contract agency back in September and October time frame. My DGCA security paperwork went to the DGCA 17/10/08, I have yet to get a clearance. Because I did not have a clearance in November I missed a screening. Ir India held a screening in the states in February and even though I STILL did not have a clearance I did get to go. The sim guy said 'welcome to AIr India' as his initial debriefing item. The interviewer said that we could expect to attend 'Familiarization' in about 3 weeks in NYC. So far I haven't got a date when that will start. Its been 3 weeks tomorrow.

Luckily I got forewarned about India hiring and flying for them by a close friend. He wrote an extensive list of how to adapt and every other item on his list was "Be Patient" and he flew for Jet Airways.

As far as the interview, there were no questions, most of the interview consisted of rechecking all the paperwork you had already sent to the contract agency, especially flight logs, current medical and date of last flight and sim.

I'd love to 'talk' to anyone there now about tests that are required once we get there. Another person told me that you are required to take the tests and pass even though there was no training--very interesting! He also told me that any F/O has the gouges--sure hope so.

If you are interested in the sim profile I can post that as well.

I also would love to find out if incorporating yourself is worth the effort. Do I need an umbrella policy for protection against accidents. Any ex-pat--chime in here please.

Still waiting................ but with patience (not)