PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want an answer NOW! (please?)
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2002, 01:37
FL395

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey you never did tell me what O2FO means???
I heard of atleast 2 guys who went down to SA to a school called 45Air i believe and got their CPLs.
They were there for 2yrs but STILL had to come back and do hours in Ireland to convert to an IAA national licence.
The thing is if you go to SA and come back where do you then want to fly to finish/convert your ticket???
If you say Ireland then you need to talk to the IAA to find out what hours etc they'll accept towards the grant of a JAA CPL but there are no JAA approved schools here sooooo you'll probably have to go to the UK...or some JAA approved country.
You'll have to do all the ATPL exams and see if they grant you credit for the hours done outside of the JAA states so my advice is go to whatever country you are going to do the latter and get in WRITING what you will need to do once you come back.
There's no point in going if they are only going to give partial credit for your hours.....you can ask and everybody here can give their own answers but the CAA are the only one who will give you THE answer....
Aren't you supposed to be gone by now???
Well if so i hope it's working out...