PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC antagonism on descent into LHR
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 13:45
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You've got to be kidding.

This thread is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of a pilot without the big picture- NW1 is all indignant because he has to justify flying his particular flight at a particular (slow) speed in this particular situation. Well, maybe you flying at that speed caused several/many other a/c, your company or not, to fly at a less efficient speed/config than for their particular op on that day?
Yes, you must fly according to your SOP, but why not "grow a pair" and be perfectly happy with that decision, rather than whine on an internet chat forum that ATC pointed out to EVERYONE on the freq that you were dragging your arse across the sky and causing them to slow down?

If you are not embarrassed by obeying SOPs, why are you behaving so preciously? Furthermore, consider the big picture and that you operating your flight in a particular manner may actually COST your company money. I ALWAYS point out if I am slowing an a/c due slower company traffic. Just seems like common sense to me. Maybe someone at the company may even look at the big picture one day and work with ATC to develop SOPs that take THE BIG PICTURE into account.

Man, the world is getting soft.