PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Finningley AAITC
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2009, 00:11
J.A.F.O.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
At the time I hated every moment of AAITC but with the benefit of 20 odd years worth of hindsight I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Fond memories of one of the funniest double acts I've ever seen - Jake McQueen and Mal Aston - they must have had a team of scriptwriters for the block inspections.

I am proud to have been there and to have met all the people I met. As The Real Slim Shady said "It made you what you are today" and I can't think of another block of seven weeks out of my life that's had such an impact.

I really don't know what you mean!!
Now, Hoppy, we all know that you do.

Just graduated course setting off the ITC fire alarms and running from the guards
Norman, we hadn't graduated, we were just about to do the spec phase flying and it was made abundantly clear to us by all concerned that our graduation was by no means a certainty at that point.

snapper41 - I remember visiting the SSA to sign out stuff from you on several occasions, hope you're keeping well.

My time at Finningley was one of the happiest times of my life, it's sad to see gatehouse and the main school have disappeared.

I'd like to see what todays AAITC is like.