PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hudson survivors may Sue US Airways
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2009, 21:11
gavpav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel Insurance

I understand and have read all of the threads here but still do not see why a airline should pay up for something that they did not cause while being in an industry that spends millions of dollars every year on the problems of birds around airports.
A passenger can purchase travel insurance. Just like car insurance or home insurance. Is is far from perfect and all policies are different.
An airline doesnt make much money on a $200 airfare and should not be expected to pay out milllions for each passenger for accidents and incidents that are completely out of its control. If a carrier is neglegent, that is different, but not a accident.
Millions of people every day suffer PTSD for different reasons and cope without sueing organisations who have no control over these accidents.
Look at wars, car accidents or terrorism.
The people at fault here are the mitigation lawyers who get rich from these court actions.
I am very sorry for all of the passengers and crew in this accident who may be suffering PTSD, but sueing US air is not the honest answer.
I cannot understand this SUE mentality.
There is a big travel insurance industry out there.