PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 4th Mar 2009, 20:59
TSR22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No probs Jackonico - I can understand where you are coming from - especially if you've lost a friend that way.

I agree that there is no substitute for safety and that is why I posted (and I was curious!!)

P.S. I had two F15d's get close about a year ago (my version of close was probably about 1-2 miles) - ATC didn't warn me until they had gone past (I was over 5000ft and they were "manouvering"). I saw them before ATC talked, but it is difficult to get out of the way when things are travelling at that speed. I also watched from afar just months ago as a Typhoon (I presume), did a zoom climb out near Melton Mowbry. I'm just making the point that I'm aware that fast things also fly above 250ft and that they are as difficult to spot as us snails!!!

P.P.S. Just to answer the last post: this Friday 1430 (for about 5 mins) about 5nm north of the Trent Falls area (Humber Estuary) - Newport Village. Not Below 1000ft. I will transit to/from at 2600ft. I plan to begin a steady circling descent 500ft/min to take pictures before levelling at 1000ft and anticipate talking to Doncaster Radar on 126.225 I don't intend to get in anyone's way - sorry it couldn't be the weekend (work commitments..)

Last edited by TSR22; 4th Mar 2009 at 21:09. Reason: Answering previous post