PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - america vs oxford
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2009, 20:56
captain_rossco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bajadj wrote the following Boll***s

"as a modular student oxford will provide no help whatsoever in getting you a job they only give employment help to their integrated students. In fairness to them, they do make this quite clear from the outset of modular groundschool. IMO OAA's waypoint program is the worst value of all modular options due to it being the most expensive, the chaotic flight training in goodyear and the state of their aircraft in both goodyear and kidlington. This is why a large majority (including myself) of oxfords CBR groundschool students choose to do their flight training elsewhere."

I was a modular student!
  • Oxford Forwarded my CV after I left
  • I was called the DAY after Oxford sent my CV
  • Everybody is treated equally, I was treated no different to my Intergrated counterparts
  • The aircraft are suitable, America is indeed a ball-ache but the instruction is good (lucky for us modular boys its only 4-6 weeks).
  • The UK training is fanstastic, good routes, great staff and people are on hand to help, Isobel Hall Personally cleared up EVERY single issue I had, however Small.
  • There are bands of Students that go through Oxford who have a real Axe to Grind.
  • I'd love to know what experience of Oxford some of these guys have who consistently feel the need to slate the place.????????????
  • Oxford is expensive, there may be schools out there that some students work better with, but to say Oxford isn't up to scratch???? Crazy talk.
I had my reservations, who wouldn't when parting with the figures involved in flight training. Regrets...............Only that I wish I'd done my PPL in the UK!! Oxford is a fine school, ask the people who went there, not the people who didn't.

Regards
CR