PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 4th Mar 2009, 20:33
TSR22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies... understandably some obvious strong feelings out there..

Just to clarify (perhaps I should have already done that) - my version of low level obviously differs from yours!! I will be more than obeying the "no aircraft shall fly any closer to....etc" rule - I would never descend lower than 500ft and more likely shall stay at 1000ft agl (lower photos don't work anyway - not in my limited experience) - I have seen jets at that level. In any case, I normally buzz around above 2500 (and usually at an odd level to avoid anyone else!) Secondly - I will have two other people on board taking the shots (they are of a house - a suprise gift for a friend..)
Naturally I will be letting ATC know what we are doing - and also transponding as usual. In any case, it won't take long! My job will be to talk to ATC and keep a look out for you guys!!!!

Suprised that you (Tornado/Typhoon jockeys) don't have a TCAS - especially when you have to detect aircraft BVR!!

Let me reassure you that I will be exercising the best airmanship - I don't want to be responsible for hurting or inconveniencing anyone!

Thanks again!

Last edited by TSR22; 4th Mar 2009 at 20:37. Reason: poor English and Grammar - when will I learn!