PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collision avoidance - Fast jets vs light aircraft
Old 4th Mar 2009, 19:12
Jackonicko

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
But you're not so f*cking stupid that you'd be taking photos while also acting as the handling pilot, I trust, TSR22?

Because that would be a gross dereliction of the standards of airmanship that even the most witless PPL would have.

And not doing so (in the case of the worthless, imbecilic cretin flying the Cessna 152 at Carno) proved suicidal, and, more seriously, killed a far better man than he was or would ever have been, as alluded to in Advocate's post above.

RIP John Mardon, and thank goodness that Bill P was spared!

In my mind, as a current PPL myself, I'd suggest to you that you have no business anywhere below 500 ft in a civil light aircraft, and should really remain above 1,000 ft. The world is not there for your convenience, and your desire to take a few pictures is not sufficient justification for what you propose to do.

If you must do so, then file, and make sure that the duties of photographer and handling pilot are rigorously divided. This is not something that anyone should be contemplating solo.