PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored of India, anything out in Africa for me
Old 4th Mar 2009, 13:24
LOGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helldog, that was the post I was looking for, I really appreciate it. I just want some names of companys out there so I can do my own research. I've decided though to finish my contract out here which is only 4 months and then kinda see what trouble I can get into.

As for the bashes, I figured they're natives, just the vibe you get as an expat pilot sometime. Doesn't bother me and actually is entertaining sometimes.

As for getting into India, first you need at least 100hrs on type, DGCA rules. Getting into the commerical aviation world is becoming ever more difficult because they're trying to get all the expats out of the country. On the charter side, most jobs are gotten by word of mouth. I got mine from a buddy who got his job from a buddy and so on. I honestly cannot see expats being driven out of the charter side because they really need us. Most indian pilots are terrible, very very terrible. I truely feel that if something were to happen to me while flying, my FO wouldn't beable to get it on the ground safetly and that's with every indian FO in my company. Anyways, from what I've heard theres need of one piaggio pilot and thats all I've heard about recently.

Last edited by LOGS; 24th Aug 2009 at 17:05.