PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2009, 12:04
WeLieInTheShadows

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact people dont want to move isnt relevent, the point is that there are comparable T+Cs around. The senior dead wood in the cabin crew community would never be able to get anywhere near the same conditions elsewhere.

I think youd be suprised how many pilots lose their job in BA through poor performance in Sims etc. Theres at least 20 ex LGW capts on the -400 in the RHS by choice.
It is relevent, that's why people stay with BA instead of moving to greener grass.

I know pilots loose their jobs at BA for various reasons (some of them nothing to do with being "bad operators"), and that some Captains choose to be RHS on LH instead of staying as Captains at LGW.

I also don't deal in galley FM and get my facts from the people who were there (namely the FO's sitting in the RH seat). LGW is a small base and nothing stays secret, especially when two Captains turn up with one less stripe on their cuffs.

Carnage...If I was defending them I'd challenge the word "suitable" and argue that they are (under CAA rules), just not "elidgeable" (under BA rules). Hey presto transfer achieved.

Hotel Mode

You've edited your posts now (which is a shame as it shows strength of character to admit you may have been wrong), I'm guessing due to someone informing you that saying "there are no demoted Captains flying on the -400 fleet" is simply incorrect. There are...Fact (and on the 777 fleet).

As you say...Back to the thread.

As a union BASSA (weather you love or loathe them) have a duty to do the best for their membership and ensure any cuts or savings are fair and across the board, and not a raid on T&Cs. Not to do so would be remiss of them. Similarly one would hope they will negotiate first, exploring every possible avenue, and vote to strike as a last resort. Not to do so would be remiss of them (but lets be honest, maybe not out of character).

I would hope any pilot would expect the same behaviour from BALPA.

Time will tell...