PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored of India, anything out in Africa for me
Old 4th Mar 2009, 10:41
helldog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Logs.

I worked in Tanzania for a few years. The news I am hearing from there is not great at the moment. Looks like things are a bit slow. Same in Kenya but they seem to be ticking along. If you want some names to start you looking. Air Excel in Arusha has a 406, your kingair command time might make you attractive to them, they also have a Let 410. I heard a whisper not so long ago that Tanzanair in Dar Es Salaam is looking for kingair crew.

Now about pprune because you seem quite new to it. You will get a bunch of idiots talking sh!t here no matter what the subject. The best way to deal with them is not to engage them at all, they will soon get errm......bored and go away. If you check under their user names you can see where they are from. If you notice the guys that are giving you a hard time here are all from the J'burg area. These guys should not worry you. For a start you will not get a job in SA, but thats not the real Africa anyway. I promise you will not bump into these guys at some bush strip in East Africa. Don't be discouraged mate, if you go somewhere like Tanzania you will find you will be welcome. There are heaps of expats flying there and the Tanzanian pilots are very friendly and experienced. They are chilled out guys and you will find that don't display the same attitude that you have seen here , cheers bud.