PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Downing Street Petition for trainee pilots
Old 4th Mar 2009, 08:33
skyhighbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with quant on this one and it is not selfish at all.

I came from a background where my parents earned abover the threshold so we got no benefits, but we were probably poorer than most as they had 6 kids!!

I have read so many sad stories here about how hard people have worked to try to become a pilot. G-Sixty as one example. The stresses, the strains. Marriage breakdowns. There are other stories too about wanabees sacrificing pretty much all they have for "the dream". Working full time and studying until un-godly hours as they could not afford to leave work completely.

But guess what - this shows how much they want it and how they would do anything. If you want to become a pilot and it is in your blood, then you could EASILY save the money (inc TR) and more in less than 10 years. Yes its a long time to wait if you are intent on becoming a pilot, then you would do anything.

DO NOT get the government involved. Because once they do, you can bet your mortgage that they will start pushing around quotas -race, religion, sex, backgrounds. Extra benefits for "poverty stricken" teens (even though their homes are already kitted out with 52" wide screens an playstations.

The moment the governement start giving tax handouts (which ultimately come from the public purse) then quotas MUST be met. it;s a simple case - spread the wealth.

The market WILL be flooded and that is certainly something no one wants - especially if those people managed to get their training done purely becasue they had extra benefits that the rest of us didn't get.

If you get a petition signed by X amount of people, I can asure you that an opposing petition will be signed by 1000X amount of people.

DO NOT get the government involved (did I say that already?)

So NO NO NO NO