PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Downing Street Petition for trainee pilots
Old 4th Mar 2009, 05:24
clear prop!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly not the best time for this petition since a plentiful supply of suitably qualified pilots are available, and there is no reason why the government should subsidise more.
Well, the same can be said of 90% of the Mickey Mouse degree courses which attract full student support from the government. There are not many jobs for graduates in anything at the moment!

I wish you well, but like others I spent many an hour fighting this one with my local MP etc .. all I ended up with was a painfull head from banging it against a very hard brick wall!!

The NVQ mentioned above got the VAT removed from training (17.5%), and was indeed abused. All you had to do was sign up with an approved school and complete a very complex and pointless blue folder at each stage of your training.

There was nothing to stop you not filling in the stupid ill conceived blue folder or,dropping out after gaining a PPL.

When your training was complete.. you got an NVQ certificate to frame!!

As all anyone wanted was a licence, and, from memory only one NVQ certificate was issued, and the scheme was withdrawn!

You get more support learning to drive a bus or doing a degree in History of Art or...David Beckham studies – (Staffordshire University)!!!!

VAT on commercial training is the BIG argument.

Good luck!