PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Was it Fate or Luck?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 23:03
stickandrudderman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MG, yes, as you can see, everything worked out fine!
Maybe one day I'll get to Zurich for that catch-up!
Fernytickles, those youtube videos are great! I've forwarded them on to GP to see if he can match it next time we go up.

Thanks again for the very kind comments.
Since I wrote that post I've been back three times, once in winter and once in summer. Wait a minute...that only makes twice! I must have dreamed the other one!
The contrast between the two visits though is fantastic!
Naturally the Supercub had shed her skis and we were now back to bouncing around on good old fashioned rubber, but shortfield landings on steep grass-covered mountain-sides are certainly just as "interesting"!
One surreal moment was landing at a tiny strip alongside a farmhouse at around 6000'. It was a real Swiss chocolate box top type of scene, Dark time-stained pine building, lush green mountains and an audience of mildly interested Fresians. I say mildly interested because they did, for a brief moment, look up from their Michelin starred pasture and afford me a casual glance. I was reminded of one of the old Larson cartoons where the cows are all standing up in a field when one of them calls out "car!" and they all drop to all fours and act nonchelant!
I'm now a third of the way into my mountain rating, but regrettably, like many of you, the pennies are not quite as numerous as they have been and I'm having to limit myself to just three visits per year.
(Yes, yes, I know, it's a tragedy, but please don't cry any more! I'm a big boy now and will be fine!).
Here's some photos that I took in January:

RUNWAY, WHAT RUNWAY?

NOTICE ANYTHING?

OH DEAR, MUST WE REALLY STOP HERE FOR LUNCH IN FULL VIEW OF ALL THOSE SKIERS?

JUST BECAUSE........

Incidentally, it's a while since I visited this post, but I seem to remember there being a lot more responses than are currently showing. I wonder why that is?

Safe flying everyone! (But don't forget to challenge yourself)

Last edited by stickandrudderman; 3rd Mar 2009 at 23:26.