PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Raf Ops O Post
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2002, 15:07
FOMere2eternity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't got the tar out Apollo, but have had a couple of bad experiences. Two I met (one after the other in post) were more interested in the joys of being an officer than the nitty-gritty of, god forbid, making decisions !

I also believe that 1 person was chopped from the FOTS course once - you can only imagine how bad he was ! - didn't he get up in the morning ?

Provided the chaps are willing to listen and, dare I say it, show us a little respect, I'll certainly help em out. I was a little narked they wouldn't let me do it too - but that's a failing in OASC and, of course, my preparation to answer the dumb questions they come up with. (OASC, not JO's !)

Looking back now, I'm almost relieved I wasn't selected - I just have trouble sometimes when I see the one's they did select !
I put it down to them having a better memory for what they spent their teenage pocket money on and ability to rescue stranded hikers with a landrover with 8hrs fuel that can only travel at 32mph, nightly flooding roads, bandits who operate 8-5 and swampy areas Jul-Aug (selection interview and tests) !

If that runs Ops rooms, I haven't been watching all these years !