PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 19:36
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still can't work out who I would be supporting on this issue if I was still at BA. You simply cannot measure BA to Easy or Ryan as a package, the same way you cannot measure a Ford against a Merc. But if I owned a Merc, I would expect a standard above that I would expect, if I owned a Ford.

Cabin Crew are part of the product that is on offer. Every crew member, whoever they work for, have to meet a standard when it comes to safety. Anything above that is just an enhancement of the product on offer.

The best service that I have ever had, was on Virgin. It was a staff ticket. However, I was also treated in a disgusting manner by a Virgin crew member on a full fare ticket and that is the one I talk about more often. I'm British, I moan.

If you are paid over the market rate, then fair enough. That is what you signed up to, but a bit of flexibility, carefully negotiated, could also give benefits too.

I left BA happily and with no resentment. I enjoyed my time there. But I left for more money. I doubt if any crew member with my length of service (if I had still been there) could leave for a pay rise, if still doing the same job.