PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 19:06
drnetsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panther 88

Sorry Brother…..I understand what you’re saying. I can be a little flowery (ok hell a lot flowery) and whimsical in my post. My apologies. I know most of the guys and gals here are hardened airline pilots and I forget they have trouble with flowery and lofty ideas. As for the font, I think this site automatically reduces your BS when you type too fast and too much when you get on your soapbox. So, it automatically reduced the font size without my control….let me see if I can fix that.

I actually got a call from a friend who happens to be recruiting right now for a C-9 unit. And he is going to do his best to get our mutual friend who is furloughed into the reserves….I have long been in the reserves. But I left active duty like many of friends after Bosnia, Operation Southern Watch, Afganistan, and even I got recalled to Iraq in 2006 to do a desk job. Too many deployments and too much time away made the airlines seem attractive to us at the time. Now some of us are kicking ourselves for getting out of active duty. But with the reserves, you can still manage a retirement and even reduced health care cost.

Sorry to read that Emirates has decided to take such a hard line with you guys. I hope things get better for you guys since it seems to be a good product but crappy management team pulling the strings.