PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nearly there........
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 18:52
Chequeredflag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, good luck on your forthcoming skills test. Before I did mine, everyone said "just relax and enjoy it!" Oh yeah, you must be joking!! However, you know what, they were absolutely right. I believe an awful lot is up to the way your examiner approaches the task in hand. He's not there to fail you, and really does want to pass you.

In my case, (four whole years ago now, but it feels like last week still) my examiner was fantastic - an Airbus A300 captain, but he still loved general aviation. His approach was "this is a big day for you, but we're going to enjoy it"

I checked out the aircraft, and five minutes later he joined me. I told him that I would treat him as a non savvy passenger, such as my next door neighbours wife, who had never flown in a small plane. "Oh really" he said "has she got big t*ts??"

Well, that really broke the ice, and even though the weather was appalling (rain/poor viz) he insisted we carried on. The whole experience for me was fantastic, often like a glorified flying lesson, and he for sure helped me through the test with his relaxed attitude. Sadly he was killed a few weeks later in a road crash - a huge loss the GA.

So finally, try to find out as much as you can about your examiner, his likes/dislikes, what he picks up on etc - your instructor might pass on a few tips even though they are not supposed to!.

Going back to my first point, if you can, relax and enjoy it!!

Best wishes for Friday, let us know.

CF