PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 14:11
drnetsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me Myself

I agree with you in large part. But I don’t agree that our current occupation is just disposable or is as easy as driving a bus. I just think that MOST of the people who do this job are so capable that they make it look easy. But in my previous post, I was speaking to what I think most of have bought into….the career of yester year airline pilots. There was a time when pilot lived great lives and were compensated well. I know my friends at Southwest Airline currently still live an existence that is rather envious with a company that still seems committed to an employee/management cooperation and teamwork. Hell, wouldn’t it be nice to be well compensated for the sacrifices you put into learning your craft and time away from family and the professionalism you bring to work everyday? I am under no delusion about us being more special than most professional careers. But it was bad before the economic down turn and now it’s worst.

I am simply saying that pilots, whether they consider themselves too lazy or incapable of doing other things for a living, are indeed very much capable of giving this up and doing other things; largely because the guys and gals in this profession are very capable people. But so many of us are willing to give up the very things that make life worth living in the pursuit of shiny jets and airlines that we think will bring a better life; me included.

So, for those guys who have been complaining about changes to T&C and pining over Emirates or any airline as the holly grail. Well, as is obvious from what is happening at Emirates and everywhere…. Nothing is guaranteed, so choose the path for yourself that brings the most happiness. My buddy will be fine…. so will all of us, whether you choose Emirates or any other airline. It really comes down these days to choosing, if you have the option, to living life and being as happy as you can be given your own personal circumstance. Rather than speculate as to when good T&C will comeback to the industry……take the bull by the horns and make a choice about your circumstance….Stay at Emirates, then stay and live with it…..if not pick your moment carefully and get the hell out of there or where ever you are.

Last edited by drnetsurfer; 3rd Mar 2009 at 19:07.