PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did you feel ripped of by your flying school?
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 12:55
chard118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Training

Just arrived back from Ormond Beach (FL) around a week ago, having finally decided to take the plunge and do a PPL, and I can't speak highly enough of them. Obviously not having anything to compare to I found them very approachable the relatively low ratio of students to instructors meant that they had more time for you outside of flying time, going over a couple of tedious quibbles you had with certain parts of the curriculum.

My instructor, if anyone is going out there, Bob Strouse, has the patience of a saint, really down to earth guy as they all are there at the moment. The aircraft fleet is readily available for immediate flying if the occasion calls for it and the general good weather there means you will be heading for completion within 4 weeks and without that thought of "I think im rushing this."

Mr. Adrian Thomson is also in good spirits these days so the world is at peace so it seems!

So, my advice is, if you want affordable no-thrills but professional outfit, go with OBA, have absolutely no complaints with them!