PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Desperate to go overseas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 12:44
JTrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daron: You missed the fine print in JSF's user profile (to the left of his original post, above). Note that he is from Trenton, New Jersey. Heck, after he shows up in Gauteng and compares it to what he left behind in New Jersey, he'll think he's arrived in Switzerland.

Dude - I'd think South Central LA, Harlem, inner city DC, Brooklyn, let alone Trenton NJ are MUCH safer than the Johannesburg/Pretoria area.

South Africa makes America look like a safe, crime-free place. I always wince when I go through there and read a newspaper....so much senseless, random violence. Everybody who can afford it lives behind electric fences with armed guards, trained attack dogs, and all sorts of other anti-criminal protections.

I don't blame all the South Africans I know for leaving the place....the government is just so ignorant of the problem and they don't do a thing to fix it. I read an article recently about some South African military contractor said he felt safer in Iraq than he did back home. Having spent about 3 months total there over the past few years, I can see why.