PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A380's Grounded by fungus in fuel
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 10:23
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been priveleged enough to ride the first ever QF International passenger flight (No it was NOT MEL LAX, it was QF6601 09OCT SYD AKL) I can say that the aeroplane is simply bloody amazing.

I hope they sort the minor Chuck Yaegerisms (ie: Never fly the A model of anything) as the girls are amazing.

There is at least a 6 month curve with things never enviseaged in manufature or testing that will be found out by extended high altitude ops, and these will be sorted as they come up. Time cures all ills.

I was amazed at Sunday School just over the Cul de Sac 5 or 6 weeks ago after hearing the rumble to look up and see one of the girls laying 4 contrails on track to Hobart. Crystal clear sky and it was quite easy to see it was a 380 and compared to the 73's and A320 looked huge. I did dip me hat and raise me VB to her as she rumbled gently over. The cricket was on in HBA, but no flyby. Must have just turned over HBA and headed back up the Northbound track on training.

QF had the good sense to cop the flak and expense of grounding the three to err on the side of safety. Good effort that!

It is good to see they have not outsourced common sense.

Go you good big things you!!!

Best all

EWL