PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bored of India, anything out in Africa for me
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 03:38
Der absolute Hammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. suitcaseman's advice was correct. His attitude assumptions vindicated.
2. Flight aviation is in practice, almost always a vertical movement. Most pilots do not have lateral career skills, I think.
3. Emirates should have done what El Al did in 1983.
4. This Forum might have the worst attitude seen on the web? Possible but then this is a forum meant for Professional Pilots - not amateurs or scambled egg wannabbess with baby powder problems.
5.The orignal post is a joke? Yes, must be. Reads like something out of Flashman.
It goes like this....
Well...holy Hindu cow- -I am looking at you people over there in Africa, thinking how lucky you are, that I am talking to you from my great height here in the land of the elephant. I have a wonderful job and I am a Captain with much experience. 3,000 total hours with only 1,300 command on light turnbine. However, I am totally bored with my own limited existence and want to come and fly in the bush because I have heard that it is a real life experience. This is only a short term measure until I move on, as I will for sure, and put my feet up in the jet cockpit and have it all done for me. I can't be backsided to get across to see for myself-sorry-that is either because my job is so good and they need me so much or becuase well, I can't be faggeded.
Okay then, here is some really good advice. If you want to expeience the real Afrika and have some real experience flying-pop across to the Congo. In the meantime I will pack my suitcase and go Globetrotting.