PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - casa PICs in Congo
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2009, 00:38
WDaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jason,

Is not asking on this forum maybe the first step on finding stuff out about the company or maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way.

As you said, ASKING on this forum is the first step about finding out about Evergreen.

OPENLY VOLUNTEERING to buy your type rating to get the job in the second line of your first message on the company not only reeks of desperation, it is exactly the opposite of what a presumably well-qualified PROFESSIONAL pilot like yourself should be doing.

It is no wonder you're getting flamed on this thread as well as the India/Africa one - because you just don't get it. Lots of guys here are struggling to find steady work in Africa to put food on the table and make a living. Here comes this young oak who not only clearly does not understand the realities of flying in Africa, but is willing to undercut everyone to jump to the front of the line.

You want adventure? Why don't you read the other thread active right now, about ITAB in DRC, to learn what Africa's really going to be like. You're going to live in a craphole apartment with no electricity or running water, be paid at least 2-6 months late, routinely be required to fly over MTOW, and have non-existant maintenance standards/MEL usage. But wait, my name is Jason and I'll jump the que because I'm willing to BUY my type rating. My name is Jason and I'm even willing to give up this great paying job in India I have to fly in Africa (which incidentally I'm calling bullcrap on, because its a well known fact India is getting rid of expat pilots). My name is Jason and I don't want to take a good airline job (as if you could find one right now). My name is Jason and I'm such a good pilot that all turboprops are the same.

The way you write about this job, you clearly believe that what would get you the job at Evergreen is your ability to buy your type rating, not the fact that you have TPIC in some decent airplanes. You flaunt that - and thats what is upsetting most people about you.

Did I ever say I was going to just go out and buy the type???
You got me confused, maybe you're reading between the lines or think that I'm fresh out of flight school? I asked if it was possible, or would it be a waste to throw a resume to them and contact them. By no means would I just go buy a type rating EVER without been given a job offer first. Wow, just wow lol