PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SCMP article re: local v expat terms
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 12:59
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As with most other things that have been twisted around on this thread, a payrise is completely different to asking for a COS that you happily signed not to have in the 1st place, pay rises are generally to keep up with the cost of living and in some cases, as recently, changes in exchange rates. ( yes, I know the exchange rate is now considerably better, that was not forecast when we got the pay rise )

You are not going to get people listen to your side of the argument, when time and again HKID cards are mentioned whilst skipping over the fact that no matter how long we live here IT WILL NEVER BE OUR TRUE HOME. End of story.

Quadspeed is right, remove all the allowances and the pay will still be good enough to attract expat pilots.......just like the ones HK Airlines attracts.
Once again, I ask : DO YOU REALLY THINK KA/CX WOULD PAY US WHAT THEY DO IF THEY DID NOT HAVE TO ?
I can earn nearly double here than what I would earn as a skipper with an LCC back home, take away the housing and there Is no way in hell I, or a stack of other guys, would have moved here.