PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Grows in 2009/New Destinations Merged
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 12:19
zerozol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahah, huhuhuh! you are such a funny person!
no, i'm not a manager, i'm quite far from that.
list of ignorance: sorry, it's not me who ought to be ashamed if you keep a list like this... just because i try to think openly. apart from the fact that you didn't answered to my question about numbers.

yes, if you think a little bit more - not only ignore articles just because of their title and people just because of their opinion - you can arrive to observe that 10-and-something % growth versus 3-and-something % is a fall in numbers. it's not rocket science, i suppose. yes, it's still growing, but lesser than before. nobody said the contrary. "numbers fall": that's the truth, according to respective percentages, either it hurts or not...
a small and silly but an effective example:

year x's traffic = 100,
year x+1's traffic is 10% more =110;
so, if year x+2's expected traffic is 10% more as well, that means: 110+11 (10%) =121.
but, if year x+2's realized traffic is only 3% more than last year's, that means: 113.3!
121 =expected versus 113.3=realizing, is it a fall in expected growth or not?...

that's what i'm talking about, not more, not less. plus, i'm not against EK or anything/anybody.
add that i'm not rocket scientist nor manager, i was average in mathematics and i'm on the domain of humanities.

Last edited by zerozol; 2nd Mar 2009 at 12:31.