PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dyselxia
Thread: Dyselxia
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 10:31
docash1983

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that there is still an underlying taboo regarding dyslexia, and prospective employers can find it a bitter pill to swallow (which is why I suspect it’s not readily admitted pre-interview). The academic world in some respects I suppose have been forced to accept dyslexia as a condition, and I suppose the problem is that the conditions symptoms (so to speak) differ with each person, i.e. some have dyscalculia and other dyslexia each to varying degrees.

The main point is that in your case SoundBarrier there is nothing to worry about, as others have said stressful days can exacerbate the condition. However, more often than not with mild dyslexia, and I speak from a position of experience, can be overcome without even realising it, I went to uni like most did A levels etc and never got pulled up on too many spelling mistakes, but there are a few really simple spellings which for some reason confuse me and the more you focus on these the more you doubt yourself etc etc exactly as Loose Rivets says.

Best of Luck mate but there doesn’t seem too much to worry about, after all everyone does it.

Docash1983