PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 10:27
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deltapapa

As you rightly say, it is a very dangerous game to play with the engineers, and I wonder what would happen if the engineers said 'oh to hell with this, I'm not coming back just to go through this again next year? And, as you point out, these last minute 'problems' first arose in 2006, and have continued ever since!

The reason for the first couple were 'unforseen' problems with the aircraft - corrosion, equipment costs etc (but I think the vast majority of ex Vulcan people would have expected corrosion, but apparantly not TVOC!) The next panic was again, unforseen expenses, and now we have this panic.

Now one could have been regarded as unfortunate. Two might even be considered naiive or maybe a little careless. But three?? Some people might suggest that it's incompetance on the part of those in charge of the project, wouldn't you agree?

Either way, it is a sad and sorry state of affairs, and Plemings reluctance to respond on public forums to their concerns will sadly cost the project a great deal of money from supporters who, like myself, who won't give another penny until we have clear proof and evidence that measures are being put into place to safeguard 'our' money!

Despite what sm and others are saying, we the public can see no evidence of changes at all. Can you? Maybe you could point them out to us please?