PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watch out with this guys in Congo DRC.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 09:18
Mobotu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No So Bad After All.......

Hey SAABFLYER

I was just thinking about your original post..........

"a dark hole (let's call it appartment...) in a terrible area of Lubumbashi, with most of the days without electricity and water. " - During the Rwandan seige of Kinshasa in 98 we spent almost a month without power and water - sometimes in Kin 3-6 months no power in certain areas..

"overloads and with many items under the MEL (Minimum Equipment List). " - getting airborne 100m after the end of the runway in Goma with landing flaps and 15 degrees pitch up - a little heavy I guess......

"the same places virtually with no runway were they landed a LET." - we have all heard of Walikale landing on a curve in the road between Goma and Kisangani....how about less than 1m wing tip clearance landing on slippery, short grass and dirt "Tracks" linned with 30ft trees on all four sides.....

"They owe me today two months salary." - That's amazing for Congo - ONLY 2 months - how did you do that? - Minimum 6 months for most companies here - insurance policy so you are not tempted to leave......

"there's nothing you can do, especially in those corrupt countries like Congo" - Well said...you have to be prepared for anything....I've been shot at, held hostage, imprisioned, robbed, hi-jacked, crash landed and still I stay.....

Anyone want a job in the Congo????????