PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2009, 07:42
TyroPicard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.F.L.Y. wrote
This is absolutely wrong: it was at 15:45:50 and in alternate law. At that point, the pitch had stopped dropping, wings were horizontal and IAS was 120 at 2500ft.
OK I'm with you now...
15:45:50 CAS is 40kt - Abnormal attitude law, no autotrim.
15:45:52 CAS >60kt - back to Alternate law, autotrim enabled.
15:45:55 CAS 120kt pitch zero or slightly less - now blow up the readout and look at the altitude - from the slope of the graph I estimate the V/S at 4,000'/min down... not quite a level-off! And we do not have the flap/slat position readout which is very relevant.
You can even see fully forward stick (which is what Tyropicard probably designated as full up elevator)
But if you look at the next graph below the sidestick readout you will see both elevators fully up at 15:45:50 - which is what TyroPicard actually saw. Please don't put words into my mouth.

At that time there was no unusual attitude, alternate law and full forward stick: in other words the auto trim should have shown a signe of movement. How do you explain that ?
I tend to deal in facts - I can't explain it because I don't have all the facts. What I do know is that when a control law change occurs it takes a few seconds for ECAM to inform the crew.
15:45:52 the stall warning occurred again
15:45:58 pitch >30°ND so back to Abnormal attitude law, no autotrim.
A total of 6 seconds approx with autotrim enabled.

How can anybody say the crew didn't try to use manual trim?
I am not aware of anyone posting that. As I said before "perhaps the CVR etc.."

and for CONF
I wrote
when back in alternate law in pitch at about 15:45:50 there is a period of full up elevator which does not match... but that will happen in that control law by design
TyroPicard, would you develop that point for me please.
I probably should have said "may" not "will". In pitch load factor demand law (Normal,Alternate) the sidestick and elevator positions are not directly connected. If you fly stick neutral the ELAC moves the elevator to maintain 1g. Imagine a jammed THS and change the thrust/speed/config, if stick neutral the elevator will move to maintain 1g - invisible to the pilot unless you display F/CTL system on ECAM.
Without the F/O sidestick readout, the actual load factor demanded and achieved, it is impossible to be certain why the elevator is in that position. Hope that's clearer.
Regards, TP