PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TV Prog - Confessions of Steward
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2002, 00:19
BLACK_BUSH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sad but Typical TV sensationalism

After watching this programme, I posted on our Company (Airline)website to register my disgust at this so called journalism.
I reckon that those individuals interviewed (6 to 8 in number) are all ex "Big Airways" who have either been "let go" ("7 months flight experience") or have taken voluntary redundancy ("12 years Flight experience").
Whatever their "experience" or motivation, I for one do not believe that cabin crew would, or do behave in the manner suggested
As an aircraft Commander of some 12 years, I have never permitted, or seen, a cabin attendant sitting on my flight deck seat, much less taking control of my aeroplane.
This "entertainment" was nothing short of piffle and drug or money induced cr*p which does precious little to induce customer confidence in an industry trying to rise from the terrorist induced mayhem of September 11th.
Journalism of this (sub)standard belongs with the Sunday Sport and headlines of "A Lancaster found on the Moon".
Shame on you ITV, but I'm not surprised at your rating chasing motivation.
To the "cabin crew" involved , I hope your 30 pieces of silver were worth it, and please don't ever try to wangle a sub-load seat on my aeroplane.

Last edited by BLACK_BUSH; 27th Apr 2002 at 00:33.