PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 16:30
picu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry old bean,
I don't need to put myself in their shoes. Some time after I joined and expected a very quick command, the rules changed and it became minimum 3 years at EK before upgrade. I lost out on that but I didn't let it bring me down. I made an effort to enjoy my time as F/O and use the time in the right seat to listen and learn - which eventually helped when my name came up.

No accommodation - I already said - promises were broken. It's a huge shame indeed and entirely the fault of the company. New wannabees in the pool please note.
No ability to commute. This issue has been raised on PPrune before and many have said before that it is very hard to commute at EK. The new recent rules just confirmed this further. To new wannabees - don't come to EK expecting to commute. (unless you live in Abu Dhabi)
New rostering rules - I have already said they are stupid.

Factoring has been there for donkeys' years, since about a year after A340 long haul ops started. And it was on PPrune too.

Productivity pay reduction. I don't like it either but I accept it as a cost saving measure in these trying times so people like Casio Man can keep his job and afford the internet to post silly things on Pprune.

No profit sharing? You have got to be kidding.Since when was this guaranteed? Anyone who joins EK on the basis of the profit share should be flogged.

BMI testing is harrassment? Why? At the end of the day shedding extra pounds is good for you. Re smoking and cholesterol - I get told off by the EK clinic doctor every annual medical for smoking and having high cholesterol. I accept it as sage advice and thank him for it but I don't think it's harrasment.

So according to your reasoning, we should all be thankful to our magnanimous employer and lower our heads as we traverse the EGHK doorway
. Like I already said. I thank f*ck every day I work for EK. (hey that rhymes - maybe I'll print a t-shirt)

Hey, unless you want to go to KAL, Air India, Lagos or Japan, there aren't too many jobs out there. So I guess we all have to gut it out for awhile. But, if the world turns positive and EK starts making big time profits, do you believe that all of the above will be rescinded? You think that factoring will go away? You think we will be able to get 10 days in a row off in our top bid months? If you do, you are either an unbelievable optimist or getting used to sand in your lungs and liking it.
If the world turns positive (not for another couple of years at least, I think) and EK does not improve conditions, pilots will leave to go to greener pastures and EK will improve conditions. As I already said.

Factoring will not go away. Like it did not go away when over a hundred pilots left about 2 years ago ( and we had a pay increase, flight pay etc).
Yes i believe the days off and rostering rules will change for the better soon.
I am an unbelievable optimist and there are many like me here. I would NOT like to be working anywhere else in the world today.

As to your last statement, you just didn't get what I said the first time didn't you? Yes that's the way EK does business. The business model sucks but I've been here long enough to understand it. What's more, knowing EK I bet that there will be further erosion of our Ts and Cs in the near future. Why? Because that's how they work. Knowing that it's coming beforehand makes it far less painful.
Enough. Please forward his to all the EK wannabees out there. So thay can't say they didn't know.