PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Super Puma down central North Sea Feb 2009
Old 1st Mar 2009, 16:17
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
he1iaviator

Good question, EGPWS was fitted but I am not sure if it was software v24 or v26. If the former, there are lots of holes in it, though they should have got the "100" call, albeit probably too late by then. The other calls, I guess "minimums" (sic!) with gear down, they might have got but since these and 100' are not suspendable and you hear them on every landing (unless you bug right down), they tend to impinge less.

The wouldn't have got anything from the GPWS classic modes unless the rod was above 1000'/min or so, and that is assuming that mode 1 is turned on for the EC225 installation (its turned off for the S92 installation) - I am not sure, we only have v26 which does have mode 1 turned on.

If v26, its more like AVAD with "check height" and "100" (though no attensons). Since check height is suspendable you shouldn't hear it unless something is wrong, but it depends on what radalt bug settings they have, and whether they suspended prior to ditching. Bug settings are on the FDR, suspend is not but of course the CVR will tell all.

HC