PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 15:49
Panther 88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picu,
Back off. Put yourself in the shoes of the lastest batch of new joiners, 6-18 mo's.

No accomodations, families in distress.
No ability to commute, families in distress after being fed up with temp. accommodations and have left.
Random insertion of ADs, adds nothing to bottom line.
Max five days off in a row, adds nothing to bottom line.
Max five days off added to leave, adds nothing to bottom line.
Max 12 days off a month, adds nothing to bottom line.

Factoring and productivity pay reduction. Does add to the bottom line. No no-cost items to soften the blow such as open time and swap boards.
Minimum or no Profit Sharing (PBUH)-adds to bottom line.

BMI testing but not lifestyle testing (smoking, cholesterol, fatigue)=harassment.

So according to your reasoning, we should all be thankful to our magnanimous employer and lower our heads as we traverse the EGHK doorway.

Hey, unless you want to go to KAL, Air India, Lagos or Japan, there aren't too many jobs out there. So I guess we all have to gut it out for awhile. But, if the world turns positive and EK starts making big time profits, do you believe that all of the above will be rescinded? You think that factoring will go away? You think we will be able to get 10 days in a row off in our top bid months? If you do, you are either an unbelievable optimist or getting used to sand in your lungs and liking it.

And you yourself said, when things turn around and PEOPLE START TO LEAVE that T&Cs would start to improve. Is that anyway to run a business, only retain personnel after losses of personnel can't be sustained? Why not motivate personnel NOW, other than offering employment? This is the time when true management competence and adroitness comes into play. We'll see together, I'm afraid. But I won't be holding my breath