PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staying, Leaving, Re-Joining?
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 15:12
MINself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H-D, I sympathise with your predicament for my tuppence worth I was in a similar position 4 years ago in having to decide whether it was the right time to jump ship or not and looking back I was fairly lucky as I left with a couple of thousand rotary hours and I received a couple of good offers before I my exit date, one of which I took, but what a difference a few years can make! The rotary job markets, and I think the fixed wing job market too, recruitment has slowed up in the last few months as operators batten down the hatches, who knows the pilot job market may even contract over the next year? Yes, there are job adverts out there but where as last year, as in the case of a certain advertised consortium pilot position there were over 30+ over qualified applicants, now there will probably be 40+ even more overly qualified applicants! If I were you I'd certainly consider staying in either until things pick-up or enter into an arrangement with your desk officer on short notice release option? If such a thing exists. Good luck whatever you decide.