PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 12:15
regle

It's that man again

Thanks Andy. Who needs enemies with friends like you ! Remember that old adage about people living in Glasshouses ? I am looking for some big stones and when I find the biggest... Beware ! "Those wings" are the Albatross (or Eagle ?) and a propellor which indicates that I held the noble rank of L.A.C. Leading Aircraftsman in the R.A.F. I am puzzled as to where the uniform shirt or jacket came from as we were not yet in the war when those photographs were taken and I notice that there are several to be seen. It's a "puzzlement". As far as I can remember we did not have any RAF apparel to wear at that time . (August 1941).
CLIFF, thanks for the correction. I apologise . I dont know my Benouilli from my Venturi. I told you that I was hopeless in the Sciences. At least you don't live in a Glasshouse like some people that profess to be my friends. Come to think of it, didn't the word "Glassshouse" denote something rather sinister when we were serving ? Look it up in "Wiki" my supposed friend , Andy, because that Word, "Glasshouse", is where you should be!

Last edited by regle; 1st Mar 2009 at 12:37.