PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 12:13
skyvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ fatbus...

there is another sad truth, the airline is materially different from a few years ago. So many guys I fly with have very little good to say about the current crop of weeds, sorry, managers.

If I knew how quickly, and in which direction, things would change, I am sure that I would have stayed in my warm third world country. Alas, I was one who was stupid enough to believe the recruiters, and now I and my family are paying for my lack of astutenenss. 11 months in, and still in temporary accommodation, why did I believe them when they said maybe a few weeks in temp? Overtime limit pushed from 78 to 92 hours, no attempt to soften the blow, just there u are, we know that market conditions are bad (i.e. you can't go anywhere) so suck it up.

Oh well, when things improve, and they will, for this is a cyclical industry, there will be an exodus, and the managers will be running around trying to improve conditions to keep people. And that is when the older managers will realise that package is not the be all and end all to make an employee happy, respect and trust is also important. Afetr only 11 months I can hardly believe that I have none of that left for them already