PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius Crisis
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 12:08
Jet Cockpit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 2 all! Feels good to know that a certain standard of professionalism still exists here.
About:
1. Plaisance Dog's comments
Couldn't be anyone else. RaviMk is right.Doesn't take long to find out about people's history. Btw I really regret not being able to have flown the ATR before starting on the big ones. Apparently its a better turbotrop to the one I flew.Sigh.
2. Ex 43 Guy:
I think we have opposing views here Ravi Mk. We all know his name. Poor training history in SA and on the ATR even though MK tried their best to retain his services. Key person here is India Sierra (Minister of sthing) who helped the nephew get in. Anyways during line training through continuous hints from Flt Ops and others he was still messing up. The main argument is that the mistakes he was making are virtually impossible taking into account the sophisticated system on the ATR. I mean how do you miss a runway?!!
Thats approximately what I can offer as information for now. But more to come. I really doubt him being in the Middle East at this stage.
3.Airline Captain:
No personal issues here: Why don't you try joining MK for now? Wide-body jet hours for 4 years then you can try greener pastures. Am sure it looks like a more viable option since line training at your company will be far more competitive and being a mauritian they would be a bit more lenient here. Not that I doubt your capabilities but just some food for thought.