PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unified Ra65 For All In Cx
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 11:48
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Written by Nick himself

parabellum,

Many here will immediately finger you for being a management stooge, possibly even the DFO himself, or someone under his direct control.

However, I am generous enough to consider the possibility that you genuinely don't understand the situation, hence:

1. Does anyone in CX seriously expect to get bypass pay from SFO to captain without having passed a command course?
Does anyone in CX seriously expect to NOT get bypass pay from SFO to captain without having the opportunity to even attempt a command course because extenders have filled their spot?

2. Can those that are most put out by an extension of retirement age from 55 to 65 and claim that, "they signed a contract to 55 and that should be it" put their hands on their hearts and say that there have never been any other contractual changes, good or bad, that they have let slip by without protest?
In my time at CX, we've never let contractual changes slip by without protest, sometimes we've been forced to accept them under duress, and sometimes they've been unilaterally enforced on us (note the current crop of court cases against CX by both pilots & the FAU).

And what the hell are you talking about "good" or bad??? Everything has been a one way street - ie management's way!

3. On the up side the extra ten years in company employment will, in part, make up for the lack of pay rises and bonuses, won't it?
I won't even dignify your point number 3 with an answer, other than to say it is the prime reason that everyone will accuse you of being the DFO.

To summarise, if you're not a management stooge, then please look again at the situation have another think about it

If you are a management stooge, then FOXTROT OSCAR!