PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax tipping for great service
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 10:24
nicolai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mmm, icecream...

Recently I bought a tub of icecream from a vending machine in the terminal just before boarding started for my flight, so I carried it on board and waited until after takeoff before I ate it. I was sitting directly opposite the crew at the front of the cabin and got some very envious (good-natured) comments ("You should bring some to share..." "We don't get luxuries like that here..."). Oops!
This did make me think about the feasibility of bringing some for the crew next time, but I'd need some way to keep it frozen (the crew aren't going to be able to stop to eat that until sometime later in the flight) and it seems like it would require a lot of forward planning. The crews on that particular orange airline are always nice to customers so I'd like to be nice to them. Where do I get a bag of ice airside in a terminal... ?
The same thing happened to me some years ago in the USA, chocolate icecream seems to bring out the envy in cabin crew. Can crew accept gifts if they can eat the evidence?