PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI redundancies/in intensive care
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2009, 09:31
sweetie76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acbus1

"Lufthansa management must be, or soon will be, watching in astonishment. Your methods actually achieve results "

You have hit the nail on the head!!

I am one of those who 'merged' in October, 2007. We were told, among other things, that bmi was 'not a happy ship', with regard to industrial relations, but that there was a very strong union.

I'm sorry to say that, however strong the union may be, I have only witnessed the unhappy ship. Yes, there is a very poor rapport between the union and the management and this is a fact that is exploited by management. NT has always paid short-shrift to industrial relations and will continue to do so.

I speak as an outsider for, although I'm paid by the airline, I can't say I feel part of any corporate entity. So I can understand some of your argument. And I will avoid any criticism of those who work in the airline because they are, on the whole, a credit to the airline industry and it would be wrong to denigrate their efforts.

As you say, it is all about money. Not Agreements, which are regularly ignored or disregarded. Not about people who are also regularly ignored or disregarded.

You have a point. If NT's methods are actually seen to work, why shouldn't LH adopt these or allow NT to continue in his current role? His problem is dispelling his image as the man who sat back for a number of years and did nothing while the locos, and some of the franchisees, tried to get on with something new and potentially profitable.

Are we witnessing his swan song or his return from the wilderness?